In June 2014 you will have a renewed Whitworth. A beautiful Gallery, embracing its park and the people who use it – a Gallery that is fit for 21st Century Manchester!
Some of the things that are exciting us the most are:
- The big new landscape gallery, with huge windows and views over the park
- An art garden for playing, exploring and creating
- The big new first floor café – the cafe in the trees!
- A dedicated learning studio for practical workshops
- Collections access centre, where you can get up close and hands on with items from the collection
- Restoration of the existing galleries, opening up bits of the building and original features that have been hidden for years
We’d love you to share your thoughts, artworks and images about the new Whitworth and what it will mean for you. What will you see here? What will you do here? What will it be like?
Some of the best images will be printed onto the hoardings that will shortly go up around the building site.
Tweet us @WhitworthArt
Find us on facebook
More information on the Gallery in the Park blog :